Saturday, March 26, 2011

The gift of nothing

This is what I want for my next birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, La Cocotte's birthday, Mother's Day etc. etc. The gift of, absolu-and-I-really-mean-zip-zilch-the-big-doughnut-hole-tely nothing. I am drowning in stuff. Clothing, used running shoes, books, CDs, cassette tapes(!), prizes from road races, crap upon crap upon junk upon stuff and it feels so oppressive. The feeling of getting rid of stuff, of simplifying life, of actually making it possible to clean our apartment is SO empowering! I seriously think I have enough clothing for the rest of my life now. I don't want to buy, receive or acquire in any other fashion anything else ever. As an aside, I am also getting rid of ALL of my maternity clothing and nursing bras because I figure if I do, I will definitely get pregnant this month.

So... in the spirit of lightening, making space, getting rid of the piles, I am thinning my running wardrobe which, after being sponsored for 4 years, is considerable. I am getting rid of quality stuff, half tights, micro fibre t-shirts, wind jacket, stuff that is used but still very serviceable. I could just put it into the Salvation Army bin, which I will do with my other stuff, but I like the thought of this running stuff to which I have grown attached, being used by another passionate runner. So, if you are female and in need of some pretty decent running gear, I will be happy to pay the cost of mailing it to you - there are about 15 pieces of clothing. I am 5'8" and weigh 125-130 pounds so if you are anywhere around that zone, this stuff will fit you. It is mostly tops with some tights.

Leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail piccolapinecone-at-gmail-dot-com and I will happily send it off to you. As I said, I really like the thought of another runner using it.

6 comments:

  1. You know what you should do? Keep moving to different countries every year or so. Need to pack your life into 1 suitcase helps a lot with keeping the wardrobe in check:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. should I interpret that as, no, you don't want my cast offs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is time to start being an adult and expand my life to 2 suitcases:) I have sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to move so often that I was constantly giving away or dumping "stuff"...and now we are actually planning on living here for a while it makes me nervous we could become "weighed down"... I love "the simple life" when it comes to things too. Excellent idea on throwing out the mat cloths too, Murphy's Law does work in the most annoying ways. Mind you, could I borrow some of those maternity clothes and pretend to "throw them out"? If that's what it takes then maybe I'll get pregnant too :). I'll pass on the running gear as I am a little more vertically challenged than you. happy simplifying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! Hello!!! I am here - the person you need. I'll take anything. I have moved at least 10 times in my life and bascially every time I do, I fit all of my posesions into very tiny spaces and give everything else away (there is a reason mmmonyka and I get along!). I wear basically the same running clothing and work clothing every day. I told SR yesterday that I own two pairs of good socks (and they're both from you!). I own three good shirts and they are from Olga. If you are sure you don't want the clothing you mentioned, I'll be happy to accept anything - in the name of simplifying the life of PPC :). I am two inches shorter than you and used to be 10-15 lbs lighter (non-pregnant), so I am hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, i will divvy the clothing btwn mmmonyka & SLG. SLG i need your address. e-mail it to me if you prefer.

    ReplyDelete